The perfect partner for a StudioLive Series III console.
The StudioLive 32R Series III rack mixer is a perfect partner for your StudioLive Series III console/recorder, serving as either a simple stage box or a combination stage box and monitor mixer. Since Series III rack mixers and consoles can network using AVB, you can connect your StudioLive 32R to a Series III front-of-house console with one lightweight CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for a heavy, expensive copper snake—and the signal degradation that goes with long analog cable runs. You can even remote control the StudioLive 32R’s preamps and phantom power from your networked Series III console. In stage box + monitor mixer mode, the StudioLive 32R not only serves as an excellent networked stage box, it is a full blown monitor mixer with far more processing and mixing power than any mixer in its class—all packed into just two rackspaces (2U).
The most powerful rack mixer in its class.
When we say the StudioLive® 32R Series III stage box and rack mixer is by far the most powerful rackmount digital mixer in its class, that’s no idle claim. The result of ten years of R&D, third-generation StudioLive Series III rack mixers are fully recallable, including remote-controlled XMAX preamps. Yet despite their extensive features, StudioLive Series III rack mixers actually improve upon PreSonus®’ legendary ease of use while letting you customize their workflow and operations in software to fit the way you work. The coveted StudioLive sound is better than ever, including third-generation Fat Channel processing, re-engineered from the ground up, and vintage-style EQs and compressors. Add built-in AVB networking, multitrack recording via USB 2.0 and AVB, onboard stereo recording to SD Card, and a complete suite of software, and you have a mixing and recording powerhouse that’s equally formidable as a stage box/monitor mixer, as a rackmount front-of-house mixer controlled from a touchscreen computer or tablet, and as the heart of your studio.
A third-generation Fat Channel.
StudioLive Series III rack mixers boast the same third-generation Fat Channel processing found in StudioLive Series III consoles. Delivering digital precision with the heart and soul of analog, the Series III Fat Channel implements a plug-in-style workflow that features vintage-style EQ and compression options on every channel, from classic tube limiters to passive EQs. In addition to channel processing, all StudioLive Series III mixers offer 6-band, fully parametric EQ on all mix outputs. Enjoy extensive, studio-style processing when recording, mixing monitors, or even running the front-of-house system.
Customize scenes and presets in new and powerful ways—including your way.
With StudioLive Series III, we’ve upped the ante and given you more flexibility when working with scenes and presets. Mixer scenes now include Scene Safe. Similarly, we’ve expanded the concept of Fat Channel presets so that presets have, for practical purposes, become like scenes for individual channels, not only saving input and Fat Channel settings but also aux send and bus assignments. Of course you can also use preset filters to choose what you want to recall.
Create buses and groups to suit your workflow with FlexMixes.
Don’t you hate it when you’re setting up for a show and find you have an unused subgroup—but you’re short one monitor mix? That’s not a problem anymore, thanks to 16 FlexMixes that can be individually designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes. These 16 FlexMixes are in addition to the 4 fixed subgroups giving you a total of 20 mix buses, not counting the main mix and solo buses. We also provided 24 Filter DCAs so you can more easily and flexibly control groups of channels. These are only a few of the many ways you can customize your StudioLive Series III rack mixer exactly to your needs and workflow.
Local Inputs and Outputs
- 34 total inputs
- 32 min/line channel inputs + 2 RCA inputs
- 16 ¼-inch TRS FlexMix outputs
- 2 XLR (L/R) Main outputs
- Stereo headphone output
Channels and Buses
- 32 input channels
- 2 stereo aux inputs (AVB or USB)
- 1 stereo digital return (SD Card, AVB, or USB)
- 26 buses:
- 16 FlexMixes (can be designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes)
- 4 dedicated subgroups
- 4 internal effects sends
- Stereo main bus
- 24 Filter DCAs for easily and flexibly controlling groups of channels
- 1 Ethernet control network port
- Dynamic, Self Assigned, and Manual IP address modes
- 1 Locking XLR Ethernet AVB audio network port
- Onboard stereo SD recorder
- 40×40 USB recording interface
- 55×55 AVB recording interface
- Intuitive Fat Channel signal processing on every channel with:
- A/B settings comparison
- Highpass filter and polarity reverse
- Gate/expander with sidechain
- Compressor with sidechain
- 4-band parametric EQ on inputs
- 6-band parametric EQ on outputs
- Delay on every input
- Delay on every output
- Professionally programmed library of presets
- Vintage EQ and compressor models available on every input
- Passive EQ
- Vintage EQ
- Tube compressor
- FET compressor
- 8 31-band graphic EQs
- 4 internal effects buses: combination of reverbs and delays with modern and vintage options
- Built-in real-time analyzer
Scenes and Presets
- Create, save, and edit up to 100 scenes
- Scene management with:
- Scene Safe—prevents a scene change from affecting designated “safe” channels
- Create, save, and edit channel settings and copy/paste between channels
- Advanced channel preset options can save and recall:
- Channel type and name
- Input settings (preamp, +48V phantom power, polarity, pan)
- Fat Channel A & B settings
- Bus assignments
- Aux and effects send levels and pan
- Select button color
- 8 Quick Scenes
- 8 Mute groups
- Studio-quality converters with 115 dB dynamic range
- 48 kHz operation with 24-bit resolution (44.1 kHz option coming soon)
Actively Integrated Software
- UC Surface touch control software for Mac®, Windows®, iPad®, and Android ™
- Studio One® Artist digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Capture™ multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- QMix®-UC aux-control software for iOS® and Android™ available free from Apple App Store and Google Play