StudioLive CS18 AI Demo without box
StudioLive CS18 AI
Powerful, intuitive network control.
Equipped with 100 mm touch-sensitive motorized faders and AVB networking, the StudioLive® CS18AI control surface provides a compact, intuitive mixing solution for PreSonus®StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI rack-mount digital mixers and Studio One® 3 digital audio workstation. The CS18AI connects to the network with a CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for cumbersome analog or digital snakes and stage boxes, and offers a host of other useful features. It adds up to a powerful mix control system with a fast, intuitive workflow and the latest networking technology.
Complete control of StudioLive RM-series rack mixers.
Networked with StudioLive RM-series mixers via PreSonus UCNET technology, the StudioLive CS18AI offers complete hardware control of up to 64-channels and all mixer features. Keep your mixing I/O onstage in a rack, while running the mix from hundreds of feet way, using a lightweight Ethernet cable instead of a cumbersome analog snake and separate stagebox. Set up a wireless network and add an iPad®, a large Windows®8/10 touchscreen, a Mac® or Windows laptop, or any combination for unprecedented mixing and control.
Extensive mix control for Studio One 3.
Unlike DAW controllers that give you some faders and generic controls that try to do too much with too little, the StudioLive CS18AI provides extensive hardware control for Studio One 3. Control channel faders and automation, PreSonus and third-party plug-ins, transport control, and more. Controlling Studio One with a CS18AI is like mixing with a large studio console—but more flexible.
Filter DCAs are better than layers.
Although you can navigate your mixes using traditional layers, a better solution is our unique Filter DCA groups, which bring the elements of the mix to you. Filter DCAs combine concepts of DCAs and view groups into an intuitive workflow designed to make your life easier when you’re in the heat of a live mix. For instance, rather than trying to remember which layer the lead guitar is on, select your guitar Filter DCA, and you’ll have access to your guitar channels. This is going to change the way you mix! For more about Filter DCAs, see our UC Surface page.
Built-in, 4×2, AVB-networked audio.
Through the power and flexibility of AVB audio networking, the StudioLive CS18AI can not only transmit control data but can also send and receive audio channels across long distances. You get two mic/line inputs with PreSonus’ remote-controllable XMAX preamps and two line inputs that you can use as sources for the talkback, 2-track playback, or other sources from front-of-house. The CS18AI’s two TRS line-level returns are shared with the monitor line outputs and headphone output and can be sourced from any RM mixer output, including the solo bus, main mix, or any aux mix.
- 18 100mm, touch-sensitive motorized faders: 16 Channel, 1 Flex, 1 Master
- Control StudioLive® RM AI mix systems of up to 64-channels
- Full PreSonus Fat Channel DSP control with individual encoders and 12-LED displays for
- Gate Threshold, Range, Attack, Release
- Compressor Ratio, Attach, Release, Gain
- Limiter Threshold
- EQ Low, Low-Mid, High-Mid, High
- Sixteen 12-LED channel ladder level and Fat Channel displays
- Three 11-LED Select Channel Level/Compressor/Gate displays
- 11-LED displays for Main Center/Mono, Left and Right
- Variable-color (RGB) Select buttons for easy channel and Filter DCA group identification
- 16-channels of high resolution 64 x 96 scribble strip display with Pan indicators
- 4.3” / 109 mm color touch-sensitive display
- Effects, Scenes, Markers Edit
- Audio Routing
- Channel Presets and settings
- Talkback Assign
- 4 Effects Mute/Mix button with TAP
- Navigate using traditional layers or with intuitive PreSonus Filter DCA groups
- Active Integration with PreSonus software includes UC Surface software
- Studio One 3 control surface functionality including: touch-sensitive motorized fader control over channel faders and automation, plug-in control for PreSonus and third-party plug-ins, Channel Mute, Channel Solo and Solo clear, Channel Select, Channel Pan control, Scribble strip names, pan indication, and current automation mode, channel layer navigation, Aux mix and transport control, Automation mode selection, metering
- 4×2 AVB audio transport control with Marker Shift, REW/FF options
- Analog I/O
- 2 remote XMAX mic preamps for talkback, room mic or other local inputs
- 2 balanced 1/4” TRS line inputs
- 2 XLR line outputs
- stereo headphone output with level control
- Monitor control level control
- 4-pin XLR lamp connection
- Footswitch input
- Silent internal PSU with no fans
- Same footprint as StudioLive 16.4.2AI for integration in 19” rack mounts and third-party studio desks
- Optional iPad® mount accessory