Warm Audio WA2A
Warm Audio WA2A
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of the classic ‘2A optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if we couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio we have striven to give an unprecedented value to our customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything we do, and every product we offer.
- ‘2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- USA made Kenetek opto-cell attenuator T4′ style module. Socketed to allow retro-fitting with other opto-cells.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5 or 6p1
- Fully discrete signal path.
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering (TONE control).
- Stereo-link capable via TRS connector
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs – 600 ohms impedance.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs – 600 ohms impedance.
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz.
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB.
- Input Level +16 dB maximum.
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum.
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm.
- Noise = -74dB.
- Attack Time – 10 milliseconds.
- Release Time – 0.06 seconds for 50% release – 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release.
- Meter displays both dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Power – 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz.
- Dimensions – 19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19″ x 7″ x 3.5″.
- Weight – 12 lbs.