Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650 (One FHFD x16 Graphics card slot)
Upgrade your Thunderbolt 3-equipped laptop’s graphical capabilities with the Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box. The eGFX Breakaway connects to laptops and ultra-compact desktops via a Thunderbolt 3 connection to provide one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, so you can install a user-supplied dedicated graphics card for gaming or creating 3D visuals. For broadcasting environments, the slot can accept a video capture card. To support a wide variety of cards, Sonnet has designed the eGFX Breakaway with ample space to house one PCIe card that features a full-length, full-height, and double-width form factor.
Powering the dedicated graphics card and even your notebook can be accomplished with the built-in 650W power supply, which delivers up to 87W of upstream power for recharging your laptop’s battery. The power supply sports two 8-pin (6+2) power connectors to support PCIe cards requiring up to 375W of continuous power. Aside from power, the eGFX Breakaway comes outfitted with a variable-speed fan that cools all the internal components while staying quiet. Included along with the eGFX Breakaway is a 1.5′ (0.5m) Thunderbolt 3 cable to help you connect with your computer.
- Connects a supported GPU card to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Supports compatible GPUs, such as AMD Radeon R9 and RX series, including VEGA 64 and Frontier Edition; and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 9 and 10 series, and TITAN X, Xp, and V.
- Compatible with up to a single full-length, full-height, and single- or double-width card
- 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
- 650W power supply has dual 8-pin (6+2) connectors and can also deliver 87W upstream power to charge your computer
- Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
- Thunderbolt certified for Mac and Windows